Scholarships & Grants
Dawn Busters Kiwanis
Key Club Scholarship Program
March 4, 2021
The Dawn Busters Kiwanis Club Scholarship Program provides annual scholarships to graduating seniors from each of the sponsored Key Clubs (East Jefferson, Ecole Classique, Jefferson Parish Youth Council, Grace King, Kenner Discovery, Mt. Carmel and Ridgewood). In addition, we search for matching grants to make the scholarship larger.
The Scholarships will be awarded to members from each club that reflect the objects of Key Club International. The recipients are expected to be of a high moral character and should have achieved excellence in their endeavors. Additional scholarships may be awarded based upon the Scholarship Committee’s recommendation.
- The applicant must be a graduating senior in that year’s class.
- The applicant must be an active member in good standing of one of the clubs referenced above.
- The applicant must enroll in a four-year college/university or a community/technical college.
- The applicant must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average.
- The applicant should have performed an average of 25 hours of service for each year in Key Club.
- The applicant should have performed an average of 15 hours of service/participation with Dawn Busters Kiwanis Club for each year in Key Club.
- The applicant should attend Key Club District convention at least once during time as a Key Club member. Special consideration will be given to Key Club members that attend Key Club District Convention (DCON).
- Pertaining to qualifications #5 and #6, service hours may be waived due to extreme circumstances such as the pandemic epidemic that limits or restricts service hours for 2020-2021.
- Complete the Application Form below. The online form must be used when applying for these scholarships in order to be considered.
- If all of the items requested are not included, the applicant may not be considered for these awards.
- The Dawn Busters will work with faculty advisors to verify reported grades. If there is a question, we may ask you to request a transcript and we will reimburse any fees associated.
- The application must be received by March 4. Untimely applications will not be considered.
- Additional information may be requested for matching grants.
- All application materials become the property of the Dawn Busters Kiwanis Club and will not be returned.
Judgment and Award Notification
A panel of Sponsored Youth Leaders will review all applications received to ensure that the requirements have been met. An independent group of Dawn Busters Board Members and Committee Leaders will review and discuss all eligible applications until a consensus is met for award. All applicants will be notified by email when the recipients are chosen. Recipients are encouraged to attend the Dawn Busters award ceremonies with their parents at the last regular Kiwanis morning meetings in March and December. One-half (1/2) of the award will be given to each recipient at the Dawn Busters March award ceremony. The second half of the award will be given to each recipient at the Dawn Busters December award ceremony provided the recipient continues to be enrolled for the second semester of college.
Questions or Additional Information: Email DawnBustersScholarship@dawnbusters.org
Other Scholarship Opportunities – Kiwanis Children’s Fund
Click here for the Grant Application Form